“The first step in natural healing is responsibility. Natural healing is about taking control of your life and being responsible for everything that goes in and out of your body, mind and spirit.” Dr. Richard Schulze
A diagnosis of a chronic disease brings with it a myriad of thoughts and feelings!
In some cases it can bring relief that you can finally put a name to all of your symptoms – that it’s not just “all in your head”. On the other hand it can feel like you have just been handed a life sentence and that your life as you’ve known it is basically over. I have a pretty good idea of what you may be feeling because I’ve been there myself.
- Feeling overwhelmed and hopeless. You know something is not right but you feel a sense of shame or guilt because the doctors and your friends and family may not believe you because, to the outward eye, you look healthy and your lab tests are “normal”.
- Mourning the loss of your old self – the person you used to be no longer exists. You may feel as if your life is spinning out of control.
- Your body that doesn’t feel like yours anymore
- Feeling like a failure for not being productive enough at work or at home. You may even feel stigmatized at work because your productivity is not what it used to be and some co-workers may feel you are shirking your duties.
- Wondering where your life got lost in a maze of doctors’ appointments and medical tests. You may be discouraged because you’ve tried seemingly every cure or treatment with no lasting results.
- Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all of the time.
- Worst of all, feeling SO ALONE because no one understands you and what you are going through!
If one or more of these resonated with you, I want to tell you something.
I HEAR YOU! and I GET YOU!
I’ve experienced most, if not all, of these feelings myself as a diabetic and someone with chronic fatigue syndrome and hypothyroidism.
What if it didn’t have to be this way?
What if you could:
- Wake up in the morning feeling a sense of anticipation and passion for life instead of looking at just another day struggling through symptoms
- Feel vibrant and full of energy instead of just tired-all-of-the-time
- Spend money on purchases that nourish you instead of on medications and medical bills
- Have more time to do what you want to do instead of dreaming of how it could be if only you didn’t feel so tired and worn down
- Have more joy in your life and less time feeling awful, depressed and discouraged
I am a health and wellbeing coach and I help my clients relieve some of the pressure of living with a chronic illness by finding ways to naturally relieve their symptoms and naturally manage their illness. Sometimes making a change when you’re already so run down can feel like a lot and I get that. My approach takes your mindset and abilities into account as well as emphasizes taking baby steps so you don’t get overwhelmed so literally anyone can find relief. As a result, my clients are able to get back to feeling like a normal human being again with a renewed passion for life. To get started, let’s set up a “Pathway to Wellbeing” breakthrough session. We’ll discuss your unique situation and I’ll share with you how we can work together to take control of your chronic illness and rediscover your passion for life!
DISCLAIMER OF HEALTH CARE RELATED SERVICES Susan Y. Shaw and Empowered Living Solutions, LLC encourages you to continue to visit and to be treated by your healthcare professionals, including, without limitation, a physician. Understand that Susan Y. Shaw is NOT acting in the capacity of a doctor, licensed dietician-nutritionist, psychologist or other licensed or registered professional. Accordingly, you understand that Susan Y. Shaw is NOT providing health care, medical or nutrition therapy services and WILL NOT diagnose, treat or cure in any manner whatsoever any disease, condition or other physical or mental ailment of the human body.